The personal data we collect and how we collect it
We may collect or be provided with, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
- your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail address, and fax number;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation;
- if you make a reservation or purchase any items using a credit or debit card then we need the card number, cardholder name, expiry date, and CVV number;
- your membership details, hotel preferences, and travel experiences;
- any survey responses or feedback.
We may ask you for personal information in a variety of circumstances, for instance:
- when you make a hotel reservation or purchase something from our website or on the telephone or by e-mail, letter, or fax;
- when you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions or register for promotions; or
- when you join the MLC loyalty program, Moorish Rewards; or
- when you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback.
We may be provided with personal information by third parties in connection with a reservation at an MLC hotel, for instance, by a travel agent you may use to make a reservation or by the MLC hotel in connection with your reservation or stay.
Using your personal information
MLC may use your personal data in a number of ways, set out below.
Moorish Rewards Membership Programme
If you are a member of Moorish Rewards you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. MLC will not ask you for your password except when you log in to the website.
The essential personal data that MLC will collect and use for your Moorish Rewards membership is your:
- Full name
- Email address
- Country of residence
- Phone number
- Date of birth
The optional personal data that you may be asked to supply to MLC includes you:
- Social media account linking
- Vacation preferences
- Affiliate program information (Avios, Amex etc.)
- Information from surveys, reviews etc.
MLC may process and use a Moorish Rewards member’s personal data:
- to communicate with the member, for example, to provide information relating to MLC’s products and services or regarding stays/post stays or to contact members for customer satisfaction queries;
- for marketing purposes which may include using a member’s personal data for personalized marketing or research purposes in accordance with applicable laws, for example, to conduct market research and to communicate MLC’s products, services, or promotions;
- for such purposes as targeted marketing and improvement of MLC’s products or services. MLC may also create aggregate and statistical information based on a member’s personal data. Profiling includes automated processing of a member’s personal data for evaluating or predicting a member’s personal preferences or interests in order to, for example, send members marketing messages concerning products or services most suitable for members.
Some of MLC’s products and services may be used to promote the products or services of other companies. However, MLC does not disclose a member’s personal data to such companies for their marketing purposes without a member’s prior consent.
When making a booking request using a Reward Night Voucher Moorish Rewards members will be asked to provide MLC with certain information including:
- the number of adults and perhaps their personal details
- the number of children, their ages, and perhaps their personal details
- current contact details for the Moorish Rewards member making the booking
All personal data collected by MLC in connection with membership of Moorish Rewards is subject to the privacy rights listed in the section below headed “Your privacy rights”.
All Moorish Rewards members have the ability to control their personal data held by MLC by accessing the “My Details” section of their account using the link at the top of the home page on the Moorish Rewards website or by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, that if you choose to restrict any personal data that MLC may hold or use then you may lose the full benefit of your Moorish Rewards membership.
Website and marketing
MLC may also use your personal information to:
(a) administer the website;
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
(c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
(d) send you goods purchased via the website and/or supply you with services purchased via the website;
(e) send statements and invoices to you and track payments;
(f) track your use of the reservation process and contact you once via email regarding your experience;
(g) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(h) send you e-mail notifications that you have specifically requested;
(i) send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by e-mail or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require such marketing communications);
(j) provide third parties with statistical information about our users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(k) deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on the website, MLC will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
MLC will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Sharing your personal information
It may sometimes be necessary for MLC to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation but we will only do so in accordance with data protection legislation and will ensure that the appropriate security measures are observed.
How long do we hold your personal information?
MLC will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the legitimate purpose for which it was supplied and it will be destroyed or deleted when it is no longer necessary for MLC to hold it. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data at any time although that may impact upon the benefit you get from our website or other services.
Security of your personal information
MLC will take reasonable legal, technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
MLC will store all the personal information you provide on its secure (password and firewall-protected) servers. Reservations you make with MLC will be encrypted using SSL technology.
In the course of processing or transmitting your credit card CVV number MLC will observe and fully comply with the current Data Security Standard of the PCI Security Standards Council.
You accept that data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and MLC cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
International data transfers
Personal information that MLC collects or holds may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for MLC or for one of its suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, amongst other things, the fulfillment of any reservation, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services.
Personal information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States of America) that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. However, wherever possible MLC has implemented the appropriate legal and security measures to ensure that your personal data is protected.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the Internet and may be available, via the Internet, around the world. MLC cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to any such transfers of personal information.
Your privacy rights
You have the rights listed below in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- Delete data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data.
- Change or Correct data: You can ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict our Use of data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data or to limit our use of it.
- Right to Access and/or Take your data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data to be provided in machine readable form.
- Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with MLC’s supervisory authority which is the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can contact our Data Protection Team by email at email@example.com.
Data Controller and Contact
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on the website or otherwise in the course of your dealings with us is Small Luxury Hotels of the World Limited whose registered office is at 7 Howick Pl, Westminster, London SW1P 1BB
MLC’s Data Protection Registration Number is Z2850240.
Our Data Protection Officer is Suzanne Drew and any queries regarding MLC’s use of your personal data should be addressed to our Data Protection Team by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our use of ‘cookies’
To make MLC work even better for you, we also use ‘cookies’ to collect information about your use of the website. You should read our Cookies Policy for full details.